Youtube Sonic TAS community

Impossible is possible

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-30 10:29:06

Leguman

Marble's Glitch sonic 1. How to do ??

I'm trying to activate a glitch from Marble zone (acte 1) and was wondewing if you might help me to performe this trick. I have Ram-Watch and frame advance but I have no idea of how to expulse Sonic from almost the beguining to the end of that level.

Could you give me some advises ?
Thanks in advanse.

LGM.

#2 2013-09-30 21:10:12

Joseph

Re: Marble's Glitch sonic 1. How to do ??

Leguman wrote:

I'm trying to activate a glitch from Marble zone (acte 1) and was wondewing if you might help me to performe this trick. I have Ram-Watch and frame advance but I have no idea of how to expulse Sonic from almost the beguining to the end of that level.

Could you give me some advises ?
Thanks in advanse.

LGM.

i could help

#3 2013-10-01 12:27:10

Leguman

Thank you Joseph

Here is what I do up to now :
I place Sonic at X-pixel and subpixel 2293 and 72 respectively. Then I wait to the platform to come up to a Y-position of 620. Then I push : "Right" for 1 frame and, just after, "left" for 2 frames. Sonic then reaches a speed of 8168 pixels per sec. Jumping at certains times make sonic able to cross the wall but after that he falls down and looses all of its speed  (which make me a bit nervous ...)

Do you have an idea to optimise my litle run ? 

LGM.

#4 2013-10-01 15:43:14

feeuzz22
administrator

I couldn't help you by theory LGM, WST maybe (i guess) can.. I could if you send me the gmv (maybe, not sure).. of course, you can also download this GMV (current WR) and try to find your improvement by learning from it.

~ feeuzz

Sonic is the fastest thing alive, and Hyper Sonic is the fastest thing.

#5 2013-10-01 18:25:56

WST
administrator
Website

Yeah, this zip is quite tricky, but performing it is all about some try and fail. Basically if you want to understand the machanism of this zip: the game is recalculating your X and Y position each frame, and if you get inside a wall during some frame, wall ejection routine pushes you into opposite direction just enough to leave the wall, and sets your speed to zero. But if you appear close enough to the other side of the wall, wall ejection will not affect your speed. Regarding this zip, in front of you there are 2 walls, which can be easilly visible with «solidity viewer» Gens’s feature. The width of them is 37 pixels each. And glitching through them is all about positioning yourself right. The positioning can be made by varying [>], [], [<] (direction keys) before bumping into that wall. As far as I can see from my own attempts at TASing this game, you need to enter this wall by more than 16 X-pixels deep between 2 nearby frames (sorry, my english is not good enough). The bad side of this maneur is that your Y-pixel position gets slightly increased by wall ejection routine, so very often you just bump into the next wall after glitching through those two. The solution is the same as I’ve already mentioned — making a lot of attempts.

Just remember that it is not the hardest of all TAS tricks, and let this fact be your motivation to try this hard enough and succeed smile
And yeah, if you fail to pull it off, you can always share your gmv and let us see what we can do smile

Sonic the EDGEhog has been obsoleted by Amy the LTEhog ©

#6 2013-10-03 16:17:39

Leguman

Thank you guys for your answers ! I don't have enough time now to try again but be sure I'll contact you as soon as the situation changes. By the way, I don't know how to get the  «solidity viewer» and I think it could be usefull for me. How can I get it?

ps: Your english is not bad all WST wink.

LGM

#7 2013-10-03 19:56:35

WST
administrator
Website

Gens with solidity viewer, hitbox display, camera hack and slope angle display, is available here: http://ystc.ru/files/emulators/
Just choose the version matching the game you play. Archives include only the executable files, and need to be extracted into existing Gens installation directory.

#8 2013-10-04 20:56:58

Joseph

Leguman wrote:

Thank you guys for your answers ! I don't have enough time now to try again but be sure I'll contact you as soon as the situation changes. By the way, I don't know how to get the  «solidity viewer» and I think it could be usefull for me. How can I get it?

ps: Your english is not bad all WST wink.

LGM

What your Youtube Leuman?

#9 2013-10-09 18:22:39

WST
administrator
Website

I’ve realized that I’ve made a mistake in my explainations.
The walls are actually 16 pixels wide, and the trick is based on skipping them completely.

Board footer