You are not logged in.

#26 2012-12-09 13:27:21

WST
administrator
Website

Re: Sonic 3 and Amy any% speedrun

Qwerty,

It seems that I need help again.
I need someone to help me to beat CNZ1 boss. Previous time I made the level (before the horizontal underflow) slower, but beaten the boss faster, and the final result was 0:36.11. Now I managed to make it only in 0:36.17, despite being faster in the level itself.

Target time is 0:35.xx, or better, if possible. Can you help me if I send you my gmv?

Sonic the EDGEhog has been obsoleted by Amy the LTEhog ©

#27 2013-01-04 23:53:11

WST
administrator
Website

Made a final version of HCZ1. WIP-9 includes improved HCZ1 and CNZ1 (with boss fight still far from being perfect).
This preview also includes a test run of CNZ2. As you can easilly see, it's way too bad for being put into the final run, but I have no idea how to beat it faster. CNZ2 needs some deep research, and for now it is the primary task within this project. Can anyone help? It will be enough only to find some zip, I will perform it myself.

#28 2013-01-05 07:12:26

feeuzz22
administrator

Carnival act 1 boss can be done more faster dude!
watch how MarzoJr (sorry, Nitsuja) done it:

-go at the opposite side before the boss appear, spindash and touch the "disc" and the boss, but you haven't Tails to do it a second time just after, but you have Amy, and can stop moving, go right and do the same thing a second time. For the two other I think it will be more difficult or impossible, so, you have to find.

Sonic is the fastest thing alive, and Hyper Sonic is the fastest thing.

#29 2013-01-05 09:42:08

WST
administrator
Website

feeuzz22 wrote:

Carnival act 1 boss can be done more faster dude!
watch how MarzoJr (sorry, Nitsuja) done it:

-go at the opposite side before the boss appear, spindash and touch the "disc" and the boss, but you haven't Tails to do it a second time just after, but you have Amy, and can stop moving, go right and do the same thing a second time. For the two other I think it will be more difficult or impossible, so, you have to find.

Yes, I know about that trick, but never was able to pull it off successfully with Amy.

FYI, marzojr suggested one possible improvement in CNZ1, so, if he’s right (I still have to check it), the zone will need to be redone. Also he gave a suggestion about MGZ, so I will have to dedicate it some time, too. TASing CNZ2 delayed again sad

(upd) these are marzojr’s suggestions:

marzojr wrote:

(1) in MGZ at 0:43-0:44, it is faster (if Amy can do it — I know Hyper Sonic can) to clip the ledge and use down+A to enter the terrain then zip right to the boss.
(2) in CNZ1, it is faster to jump at around 0:02-0:03 to jump from the slope into the balloon above, bounce on the next, graze the wheel and fall on the monitors, falling off them to trigger the glitch.
In CNZ2, can't you glitch through the barrel and zip like in the Sonic version to cut the first Knuckles encounter then zip again and run until the end?

#30 2013-01-05 11:36:51

feeuzz22
administrator

good luck!

#31 2013-01-18 12:51:54

WST
administrator
Website

(1) does not seem to be doable… Tried it together with marzojr with no success for the both of us.
(2) really saves about half a second. New WIP preview soon.

#32 2013-01-18 18:20:39

feeuzz22
administrator

Nice!, can't wait to see!

#33 2013-07-13 01:56:06

WST
administrator
Website

Ok here is my WIP-10. It saves about 3 seconds over the same part from WIP-9, which is quite impressive.

Board footer