Youtube Sonic TAS community

Impossible is possible

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-05 12:31:33

WST
administrator
Website

Amy in Sonic 2 any% speedrun

This was my second TAS project ever. But then I discovered Amy@S3k, and switched my interest to it.
However, I still keep in mind possibility to continue working on this.

This is a quite old run, I think I can improve every single level (maybe excepting CPZ1, which should be already very optimized).

Sonic the EDGEhog has been obsoleted by Amy the LTEhog ©

#2 2012-11-23 23:05:29

WST
administrator
Website

Re: Amy in Sonic 2 any% speedrun

This TAS really needs to be started from scratch.
I’ve made a short test run (not optimized at all) of EHZ using the route from Aglar’s S2 run, and the result is faster than an optimized run using the upper route.
Finally I managed to get 0:17 in EHZ1.

Amy in this hack is hard to control, because she easilly looses speed, but despite this, I am quite sure that it’s possible to get 0:16 here.

#3 2012-12-06 06:25:29

WST
administrator
Website

0.16…

I am sure this is still very improveable, up to 0:15, maybe someone like Aglar can make it…

#4 2012-12-06 13:34:11

feeuzz22
administrator

this is it... Congratulation...

Sonic is the fastest thing alive, and Hyper Sonic is the fastest thing.

#5 2012-12-08 22:51:39

WST
administrator
Website

Thanks,
This is the fresh preview.

Btw, it seems that TASvideos is down now

#6 2013-02-18 00:11:28

WST
administrator
Website

The screw trick with Amy seems to be possible to perform.
I managed to perform it, but in wrong place — after the second screw (the long screw consists of 2 screw objects). There is ground, and I could see Amy running on her head there. It’s all matter of speed and positionong, and nothing more.
For now my speed in the screw is 4255 subpixels per frame, but I feel that it’s improveable.
Aglar’s speed there is about 4600, but he plaid Sonic… Sonic is easier for optimizing, he can roll sad

#7 2013-02-18 17:35:29

feeuzz22
administrator

4500 will be enough, I guess  (you have a lot of work... nice! I can assure you that if you succed, it will be very, very awesome!)

Sonic is the fastest thing alive, and Hyper Sonic is the fastest thing.

#8 2013-03-19 01:30:11

WST
administrator
Website

Starting from scratch again, and now the result is 14 seconds.

I will not say that it’s unimproveable (maybe I will improve it), but surely well-made.
Sad that I have time and patience only to make 1–2 acts so optimized.

#9 2013-04-04 11:59:15

WST
administrator
Website

The run above is improveable by at least 8 frames, 5 of which are shaveable off by taking better trajectory while making a big jump from lower to higher route, and 3 — by improving subpixel management, which is too heavy for now (it’s done on ground, you can hear braking sound at that moment, but it is possible to do in air).
Another problem still not solved in EHZ2 — I enter the screw with the X speed of 4309, but the positioning allows to perform the screw glitch only in wrong place. I cannot make better positioning, because pixel/subpixel management can be only done by slowing down, which results in an X speed, which is not enough to pull off the glitch. Also screw trick will not allow to beat Sonic’s time in this level — Amy will still be 5–10 frames slower, because Sonic takes crazy boost in those loops and exits them ahead of Amy, dispite the fact that Amy enters the loops earlier than Sonic (according to Aglar’s run)

Dunno what to do. It seems that it’s beyond my abilities, even if I know how exactly to make it better. In other words, to make it really better, I have to make around 30000 rerecords, like Qwerty did in his „super” TAS.

Friends, maybe you will try to improve my WIP, if I put my gmv here? I know that Qwerty and feeuzz already made the scew glitch…

sad

Board footer